Other resources that you may be interested in
Tags: construction | refurbishment | refurbish | accommodation | Blackpool
Bispham Campus is the largest campus at Blackpool and The Fylde College. Over time, the learning environment had been severely hampered by poor accommodation including leaking drafty windows, lack of temperature control and noise intrusion which impacted upon attendance, retention and student success.
In a phased refurbishment, the buildings have been transformed creating a contemporary learning environment with the same high performance as a new campus but for a fraction of the cost. Phase I of the project was the Cleveleys building, refurbished in 2012. Phase II of the project comprised four buildings - Elswick, Garstang, Poulton and Thornton including:
• 4,800m2 of aluminium rainscreen overcladding, 2,700m2 of high-performance replacement windows and 4,500m2 of over-roofing
• Construction of two new link buildings to improve accessibility
• New service shaft
• Repairs to existing building fabric
• M&E works and landscaping
• All the above to achieve BREEAM 'Very Good'.
d+b facades is an EAUC Company Member.
The number one resource
for sustainability in post-16 education
Sign up for sustainability news and updates from EAUC