This webinar will divulge into the collaborative project involving six FHE’s in and around Edinburgh. Development of the e-Cycle project involving the procurement of 28 electrically assisted pedal cycles housed within the institutions. Overview of the project from travel surveys, funding, procurement to implementation and use.
Why should I attend?
To hear, at first hand, all considerations, aspects and actions developed to bring the project to fruition. Opportunity to share and replicate the project in any institution or group of institutions.
Who is this webinar for?
Transport Managers or any Environmental Sustainability Managers, or equivalent, with responsibility or interest in transport initiatives.
Key learning outcomes:
Benefits and pitfalls of developing a shared project, including a collaborative funding bid, collaborative tendering and everything in between to ensure success within an experimental project.
• The Edinburgh Further and Higher Education Transport Group (background to collaborative working).
• Identifying project needs through travel survey analysis.
• Project proposal.
• Funding, external and internal.
• Tendering (including all specifications for the bikes and accessories).
• Development of internal management systems, including risk assessments, insurance and user guides.
• Loan of eCycle’s to staff and students.
• Potential future development.