Embedding innovation, enterprise and the circular economy into teaching and learning (EAUC Webinar)
21st Jan 2015 12:00 – 13:00
Resource efficiency and waste and Learning and teaching
Today’s economic conditions require a change in perspective. An innovative approach is needed which integrates systems thinking and looks beyond the linear ‘take, make, dispose’ model.
As the first Global Pioneer University for the Circular Economy by the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, the University of Bradford have designed the circular economy MBA to give the next generation of leaders a first-mover advantage, by tackling subjects including regenerative product design, new business models, reverse logistics and enabling communication technologies.
This webinar, hosted by Peter Hopkinson who set up the MBA, explores the Circular Economy, the MBA itself and presents methods for embedding the key principles into teaching and learning at whatever scale. We will also hear from some MBA students on their experiences of the course and views on the circular economy model.
Why should I attend?
In this webinar you will find out:
• Learn more about the key principles of the Circular economy and the work of the Ellen MacArthur Foundation
• How Bradford is engaging with high calibre MBA students on the key ideas and theories associated with the circular economy business model
• How to take these principles and embed them into your institution at any scale
Who is this webinar for?
Anyone interested in innovation, enterprise and the circular economy, although specifically:
• Waste Managers
• Sustainability teams
• Facilities Management
• Human Resources
• Academic Staff
• Curriculum Development Teams
• Non-Academic Teaching Staff
• Senior Managers with responsibility for curriculum development/teaching and learning or research