Planning and Delivering Meetings and Events
27th Mar 2019 14:00 – 16:30
Would you like to develop a better understanding of the processes involved in developing effective meetings and events for a range of audiences?
This interactive workshop will give you practical advice for organising, running and monitoring meetings and events.
You will develop experience of the process by working through an event example in a small group, considering the different aspects to consider before, during and after an event. Considerations explored will include purpose, audience, venue, timelines, communications, budget and monitoring, and how to prepare for the unexpected.
The aim of this session is to provide you with the knowledge and skills to develop meetings and events that are as effective as possible, from the perspective of both the organiser and attendees.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify what makes a good event
- Outline a variety of event types and the difference between them as both an organiser and an attendee
- Identify the key considerations when planning an event
- Develop an event planning timeline, covering before, during and after the event itself
- Consider potential event disruptions and how to make your event more resilient
- Demonstrate experience of planning a fictional meeting or event
Please note this is one of the six sessions in the EAUC-Scotland Accelerator Programme
. If you are interested in enrolling in the programme as a whole please contact us
Please contact email@example.com
if you have any questions or require assistance booking your place.