Understanding the Sustainability Landscape in the Tertiary Education Sector
25th Apr 2019 10:00 – 12:30
New to working on sustainability in a university or college and looking for a general overview of what you need to know to hit the ground running?
This interactive EAUC-Scotland training session will paint a picture of sustainability in the tertiary education sector in Scotland, exploring the drivers which brought us to this point and still influence action for sustainability today.
Key current issues and project areas within the sector will be discussed and explained, tailored to the job areas and interests of individual participants, as will the many support organisations which can support you with your work.
You will also have the chance to review some examples of sustainability projects within a University or College, and how they are communicated to the wider community.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain why sustainability is important in the Further and Higher Education sector
- Outline how sustainability has developed within the sector and the key influences today
- Identify and discuss key areas of interest within the FHE sustainability sector
- Identify the sector partners who are applicable for your work and what each partner can assist with
- Understand the sustainability accreditations which may be applicable for your work
- Effectively utilise EAUC products, services and networks
- Complete a simple sustainability audit of an estate, identifying areas of good practice and areas for improvement
Please note this is one of the six sessions in the EAUC-Scotland Accelerator Programme
. If you are interested in enrolling in the programme as a whole please contact us
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions or require assistance booking your place.