2018 Young Champions of the Earth Call for Applications
19th March 2018
Do you want to change the world - or know someone who does? UN Environment is here to help. The Young Champions of the Earth
initiative aims to celebrate and support individuals between the ages of 18 and 30 who have outstanding potential to create positive environmental impact.
They are looking for creative solutions to the world’s most pressing environmental challenges. We’re searching for the next generation of environmental leaders and the call is now open
. Don’t miss the April 2nd deadline!
If you’re in need of some inspiration, check out our latest post
packed with advice from three of last year’s winners, about how to build a vision, stay motivated and step up to the challenge.
This year, by way of a global call for applications, an online public vote and the deliberation of a global jury, a total of seven winners will be selected as 2018 Young Champions of the Earth. Each will receive USD 15,000 in seed funding, global publicity and customized training.
In parallel, up to 50 of the most promising applicants will be granted privileged access to an expert community of Covestro mentors offering insights on topics ranging from communications and business development to project planning and financial management.
Don’t miss out – apply now!
- Information brochures – these can be downloaded in six languages from the “About” pages of the website or here.
- Social media cards in six UN languages available on this Trello board.
- Long promotional films narrated by Ellie Goulding – Arabic; Chinese; English; French; Russian; and Spanish.
- Short promotional films for social media available for reposting/retweeting on Facebook and Twitter.
- Press releases in six languages available here.
- UN Environment Executive Director Erik Solheim’s article in six languages available here.