Awarding sustainability excellence for 10 years - 2014 Green Gown Awards now open!
1st May 2014
We are delighted to announce the launch of this year's Green Gown Awards.
Stage 1 entries are now open! Now's the time to get some credit for your sustainability achievements! The deadline for universities and colleges to submit their entries is Thursday 5 June
Celebrating our 10 year anniversary, the Green Gown Awards recognise the exceptional sustainability initiatives being undertaken by universities and colleges across the UK. With sustainability moving up the agenda, the Awards have become established as the most prestigious recognition of best practice within the tertiary education sector.
What's new for 2014
• Check out the new categories
– Food and Drink, Enterprise and an individual Leadership Award plus an updated Courses category
• Do you know a student or a member of staff who has made big sustainability achievements? Then nominate them for the Sustainability Champion Award
• Can you identify a transforming leader who is shaping the future and making the principles and values of sustainability central to their organisation at the highest levels? Then nominate them for the NEW Leadership Award
• Even more chances of winning – remember judges are allowed the discretion to award two winners for each category to distinguish between large and small institutions but only if they are of high quality so make sure your application is the winning one!
Enter now for free
All categories are open to all post-16 educational institutions (further or higher education institutions, work-based or adult and community learning providers). Third party organisations, e.g. architects, are encouraged to enter on behalf of an institution, but an employee from the institution must approve the application and the institution will be named on the Award.
You'll find all the categories, application forms, guidance, inspiration and top tips for your entry on the dedicated Awards site: www.greengownawards.org.uk