CCIF Funding Support for Members
3rd April 2013
The Skills Funding Agency’s new College Capital Investment Scheme (CCIF)
now replaces the Estate Renewals Grant. Colleges that have submitted an Expression of Interest under CCIF will find out on the 24 April if they have been invited to submit a ‘Detailed Submission’. Detailed Submissions must be made by the 24 May 2013.
Feedback from some colleges suggests that they are missing out on funding because they score low marks on the environmental and energy section of the assessment. As a member of the EAUC we can help you address this and be better placed to secure the funding.
Detailed Submissions are assessed against a range of criteria including sustainability, energy and carbon reduction and environmental performance. As such, applications will be evaluated against:
- Sustainability – strategic engagement with Sustainability and Carbon Reduction agenda and linking the project to these targets.
- BREEAM rating – new build expected to be ‘Excellent’, refurbishment ‘Very Good’.
With up to 15% of overall marks available for sustainability criteria, optimising your sustainability score is one way of giving your college the best chance to secure funding.
In response to a recognised need, the EAUC have teamed up with AA Projects to offer Members a series of support packages to assist colleges in the development of sustainability, carbon and energy provision that optimises CCIF evaluation scores, giving you the best chance of having CCIF allocated.
AA Projects can help with:
- Development of a formal Sustainability Strategy
- Implementation of formalised EMS
- Development of your Carbon Management Plans
- Identification of specialised match-funding streams (such as Salix, ERDF etc.)
- BREEAM Assessment
- Curriculum review and analysis of the strategic fit of your proposals
In addition, AA Projects can also provide strategic funding support including:
- Estate strategy and development proposals
- CCIF bid strategy, bid management and supporting information
- Programme, Cost and Risk Management
- Value for Money & NPV Analysis
If you are interested contact Iain Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 01242 714321.
Further information can be found below.