CIBSE Technical Symposium 2016 - call for abstracts
31st July 2015
CIBSE's sixth annual Technical Symposium
will be taking place at Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh from 14-15 April 2016. It aims to encourage the participation of both young and experienced industry practitioners, universities, research organisations, industry and others to share experiences and develop networks.
This year's theme is 'Integration for whole life building performance' which is inspired both by the discussions at the 2015 Symposium as well as CIBSE President Nick Mead who has called for the industry to pull together and work collaboratively across the supply chain, considering the whole lifecycle of the building to deliver outstanding projects.
Submissions of interest should focus on aspects that are of interest to CIBSE members including building related energy, comfort, IEQ, acoustic, electrical systems, IT, lighting, thermal performance, public health, transportation, facilities and information management, ventilation and associated systems.
This invitation is for formal papers, case studies or poster presentations concerning research, development and application that might include the areas of:
• Whole life costing and environmental assessment.
• Integrating leading edge products and systems into building environmental engineering.
• Professional collaboration - lessons for the future.
• Interdisciplinary working - barriers and opportunities.
• Fusing passive and active building systems.
• Performance of integrated building solutions.
• Benchmarks, Standards and Regulations for building performance.
• Education and skills for collaborative design and operation.
• BIM for integrated design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance.
• Closing the design and operation loop.
• Labelling and certification for procurement and operation.
• Education, communication and skills for collaborative and integrated building design and operation
• Collaborating with clients to properly deliver sustainable building operation
• Creating, maintaining and assuring FM processes and procedures
• Integrating monitoring and feedback into lifetime building operation
• Case studies and measured performance of buildings and systems in use
To submit an abstract, please send an email to email@example.com
by 14 September 2015. For further information visit CIBSE's Symposium website