Green Gown Awards 2013 open for entries!
1st May 2013
Awarding sustainability excellence
The EAUC is delighted to announce the launch of this year’s Green Gown Awards. Stage 1 applications are now open! This is your chance to shine and to shout about your sustainability achievements! The deadline for universities and colleges to submit their Stage 1 applications is Wednesday 12 June.
Click here to enter
Now in their 9th year, the Green Gown Awards recognise the exceptional sustainability initiatives being undertaken by universities and colleges across the UK. With sustainability moving up the agenda, the Awards have become established as the most prestigious recognition of best practice within the further and higher education sector.
What's new for 2013?
• Check out the new categories - Facilities and Services, Technical Innovations in Sustainability and the updated Student and Staff Engagement category
• Do you know a student or a member of staff who has made big sustainability achievements? Then nominate them for the Sustainability Champion Award!
• Even more chances of winning - judges will be allowed discretion to award 2 winners for each category to distinguish between large and small institutions but only if they are high quality so make sure your application is the winning one!
All categories are open to all post-16 educational institutions (further or higher education institutions, work-based or adult and community learning providers). Third party organisations, e.g. architects, may enter on behalf of an institution, but an employee from the institution must approve the application and the institution will be named on the Award.
Visit our dedicated Green Gown Awards site to access all of the information you need to apply now. Here you'll find a resource bank of inspirational materials to help you pick up some hints and tips for your application, gain motivation from case studies from previous winners and encourage you to submit a winning application.
For 2013, we have 14 categories
• Best Newcomer
• Carbon Reduction
• Construction and Refurbishment
• Continuous Improvement: Institutional Change - inclusion in the Green Gown International Award
• Facilities and Services - NEW FOR 2013
• Learning and Skills
• Modernisation - Effectiveness and Efficiency in the Estate
• Promoting Positive Behaviour
• Research and Development
• Social Responsibility - inclusion in the Green Gown International Award
• Student and Staff Engagement - inclusion in Green Gown International Award
• Sustainability Champion Award - NEW FOR 2013
• Technical Innovations for Sustainability - NEW FOR 2013
The Green Gown Awards are run in the UK and in Australasia and we bring them together with the winners from the UK and Australasia going head to head for a coveted International Award. Entries are taken from the three categories indicated above.
If you're not sure which category to enter, give us a call and we can advise you. Don't forget, the Green Gown Awards are free to enter and there's no limit to the number of entries you can make. Winning an Award will bring huge awareness and positive PR to not only your institution as a whole but also to the profile of sustainability within it.
This is your chance to shine!