Join the EAUC-Scotland Office Bearer Group!
22nd January 2018
EAUC-Scotland are seeking TWO dedicated EAUC Members from the Further Education sector in Scotland to join our Office Bearer Group (OBG).
The OBG consists of two representatives from the Further Education sector and two representatives from the Higher Education sector. The group meet approximately every six weeks either virtually or physically. Each member of the OBG serves for a period of two years, with the possibility of re-election for a further two year term.
The OBG aims and objectives are to:
- Provide added value to the core activities of the EAUC by providing a regional focus that is specific to Scotland;
- Encourage and support sustainable development, environmental performance and social responsibility throughout the Further and Higher Education sectors in Scotland;
- Provide a specialist focus on relevant issues by facilitating the exchange of information and the dissemination of best practice informed by those specific Scottish issues;
- Offer guidance and support to the EAUC-Scotland Office in implementing the EAUC-Scotland Strategic Plan and the broader EAUC UK Strategic Plan;
- Report, via the EAUC-Scotland Convenor, to the EAUC Board of Trustees on EAUC-Scotland activities.
To ensure a balance of skills with the two continuing OBG members, we are specifically seeking representatives from colleges in Scotland who fit one or more of the following criteria:
- Hold a senior management level position
- Hold a senior role within an estates department
- Have teaching or curricular responsibilities
OBG positions are only open to EAUC Educational Members – click here
to check you qualify.
Further information and an application form can be found to download below. The closing date is Friday 2nd March.
We will be holding our AGM on Friday 16th March, when one member of each EAUC Educational Member organisation present will be eligible to vote on the new OBG members. Book to attend this event here
Find the EAUC-Scotland Terms of Reference and current OBG Members on our Governance page
Please don't hesitate to contact Rebecca
if you have any questions.