Launch of Strategic Framework
13th February 2013
Following months of consultation, we are delighted to share our 2013-2017 Strategic Framework
with you. This Framework guides the EAUC as an organisation through the 5 year period from 2013 to 2017 and outlines the aims and objectives to support the Board and Staff. Do you want to influence the delivery of this new Framework? Become a Trustee for the EAUC
The Strategic Framework has been developed through an extensive consultation process with the EAUC Member Advisory Council (MAC), wider Membership, Board, staff plus Strategic Partners. This final version was approved by the EAUC Board in December 2012. Key Performance Indicators, Risks and Achievement Timelines are now being developed alongside a detailed annual operational plan for each year.
We thank all of our Members and Strategic Partners for their valuable input into our strategic planning. Find out more about the Member consultation
including a full summary of Member responses and Board comments.
What does 2013 look like?
Although the Framework presents a top level view of what the next 5 years look like for us, we also want to be clear about what 2013 will bring so our Members can see how this will affect them and provides opportunities for you to get involved.
Below we've outlined some of the key projects we'll be focusing on for 2013 as well as always offering you one to one service and Member value in all we do:
- We will work on a sustainability professional skills map for the sector and provide resources and training to support Members within their careers
- We will improve mechanisms to hear our Educational Member voices to feed into future developments to provide the support our Members need
- We will provide greater support to EAUC groups (Communities of Practice and Regional groups) to ensure good practice and resources are shared with the wider Membership
- We will lead the research and establishment of an English Learning for Sustainability Alliance
- We will lead and facilitate the establishment of an international web platform bringing together sector sustainability assessment tools from around the world to share good practice and explore further collaboration with international partners
- We will manage the Scotland Colleges Education for Sustainable Development project
- We will continue to raise the profile and value of Members' good practice in environmental and sustainability management via the Sustainability Exchange and will partner with the new UUK-led Efficiency Exchange
- We will establish a think-tank group for sector senior leaders to look for new models of sustainability leadership and organisational change
- We will establish and influence international links to Climate Commitment/Action Plan activity
We look forward to the year ahead and to working with our Members and Partners on delivering this ambitious strategy. We thank you for your continued support and Membership.
Chair of the Board