Applications open for joining EAUC-Scotland's Office Bearers Group
23rd February 2022
EAUC-Scotland are seeking two dedicated EAUC Members to join our Office Bearers Group (OBG) at our AGM on 31st March 2022.
We are looking for:
- A representative working on the carbon and estates side of a further education institution
- A representative working on the education or engagement side of a higher education institution
Applicants can be at any stage of their professional development, and the EAUC is committed to equality and valuing diversity within its workforce, trustees and OBG members.
We would particularly welcome applications from those with skills or experience in: income generation; fundraising or grant writing; marketing, PR and communications; political insights and influence; or curriculum development in an HE setting, but all applications fitting the criteria above will be accepted.
What is the Office Bearers Group?
The Office Bearers Group (OBG) consists of two representatives from the Further Education sector and two representatives from the Higher Education sector, who help steer the work of the EAUC-Scotland Programme Team. The group meet approximately every six weeks either virtually or physically, at times to suit the group members. Each member of the OBG serves for a period of two years, with the possibility of re-election for a further two year term.
The OBG aims and objectives are to:
- Provide added value to the core activities of the EAUC by providing a regional focus that is specific to Scotland;
- Encourage and support sustainable development, environmental performance and social responsibility throughout the Further and Higher Education sectors in Scotland;
- Provide a specialist focus on relevant issues by facilitating the exchange of information and the dissemination of best practice informed by those specific Scottish issues;
- Offer guidance and support to the EAUC-Scotland Office in implementing the EAUC-Scotland Programme and the broader EAUC UK Strategic Plan;
- Report, via the EAUC-Scotland Convenor, to the EAUC Board of Trustees on EAUC-Scotland activities.
This will be a particularly exciting time to join the Office Bearers Group, as we will be developing our next 3 year programme over the next year to apply for funding from the Scottish Funding Council to start from March 2023.
Please complete the Form available to download from this page to apply to be a member of the EAUC Scotland Office Bearers Group, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is Friday 25th March 2022.
We will be holding our AGM on Thursday 31st March
, when one member of each EAUC Educational Member organisation in Scotland and present will be eligible to vote on the new OBG member. All those standing for election to the OBG will be given 2 minutes to demonstrate to those in attendance why they would be a valuable addition to the OBG. Book to attend this event here
Find the EAUC-Scotland Terms of Reference and current OBG Members on our Governance page
If you would like an informal conversation with one of the EAUC-Scotland Programme Managers or current OBG members please feel free to contact email@example.com
and we will arrange this for you.