Reducing carbon emissions in business through Responsible Management Education
- Sustainability challenges require action across levels - individuals (micro), national (meso), to international (macro).
- Educational initiatives and business schools can drive significant carbon reductions in businesses through partnership.
- Greenhouse gas emission savings from student recommendations over two years of the project were 507, 435 kg CO2e.
- If run over 5 years and replicated by one additional educator, the recommended reductions increase to 2,562,418 kg CO2e.
- Action undertaken at the micro-level can have significant impact if scaling up is supported by higher level activity.