GGAA 2014 - Carbon Reduction - TAFE NSW Sydney Institute - Finalist
Print Procurement for a Sustainable Future
Print Procurement for a Sustainable Future” has transformed the way the organisation prints, copies and faxes using smart workflow systems to streamline both time and resource usage and our environmental footprint. In summary this project has delivered:
- Saving of $7 million over 5 years
- Reduced paper consumption by 20 million A4 pages annually
- Delivered annual electricity saving of 204,600 kWh
- Automated consumables ordering for devices
Top 3 learnings:
- Engaging the stakeholders who will be affected is critical if you want engagement, implementation and follow through. Do not just impose what you think is the right solution.
- Be clear about the non-negotiable project elements with partners and ensure those outcomes are met, whilst remaining flexible about side outputs/ issues.
- Be open minded about how best solutions may be reached and whom this may involve.