Green Gown Awards 2019 - University of Gloucestershire - Finalist
The University of Gloucestershire’s Annual Sustainability Report has become not just a performance record but our most important communication vehicle. It stands out for:
- Proving our balanced performance on all 5 goals of our sustainability strategy
- Going beyond the operational and policy dominance of many other reports
- Deliberate focus on student experience and academic innovation in all schools
- Strong clear infographics to communicate technical insights to stakeholders
- Showing all stakeholders what is important in sustainability good practice
- Clear annual performance measures to show progress on our priority targets
- Headline contributions that underline our commitment to the UN global goals
- Being used and critiqued annually in our accounting and finance curriculum.
The real test of our report is it never sits on the shelf – it has been used for corporate communications campaigns, business engagement workshops, partnership projects and in teaching a range of subjects, releasing the true power of sustainability reporting!
Top 3 learnings:
- We involve those who implement sustainability, to gain ownership, future input and fresh ideas.
- Well thought out infographics make the difference and help win allegiance with all our stakeholders.
- Our report is at the heart of our communication strategy, to engage and educate for sustainability.