Waste Management Topic Support Network: Scotland's Deposit Return Scheme
The EAUC Scotland Waste Management Topic Support Network met virtually on the 3rd May 2023 to discuss how universities and colleges can encourage students, staff and visitors to move towards more sustainable waste management habits via Scotland's upcoming Deposit Return Scheme.
The agenda included:
- Welcome and introductions (Paulo Cruz, Head of Operational Sustainability, Glasgow Caledonian University, Co-convener) (0:00:00)
- Presentation 1 – Deposit Return Scheme: Scheme Overview, RPO Registration and Exemptions (Stephen McGlinchey, Head of Customer Service, Circularity Scotland) (0:07:28)
- Presentation 2 – Deposit Return Scheme (John MacDonald, Director, Excel Vending Limited) (00:33:42)
- Scotland's Deposit Return Scheme – Q+A and roundtable (00:47:20)
- Discussion of single-use plastic reduction and other waste management issues of concern to attendees (01:09:28)
- Summary and close (Paulo Cruz, Head of Operational Sustainability, Glasgow Caledonian University, Co-convener and Lara Fahey, EAUC Scotland, Scotland Sustainability Project Officer) (01:14:30)
Time stamps of the agenda items are indicated above. Please find the recorded video below.
Find links to the resources from past meetings of this network on the Waste Management Topic Support Network.