Other resources that you may be interested in
This report shows how universities are making efficiency gains, while working to deliver increased value from their estates for the benefit of student and staff plus the wider community. The report, published by AUDE, on delivering value from the Higher Education estate forms part of Phase II of Sir Ian Diamond’s review into Efficiency and Effectiveness in Higher Education.
• Investigating the extent of progress made in the sector in delivering efficiency gains and value from the higher education estate
• Benchmarking UK higher education space efficiency against international comparators
• Recommending strategies and tools for enabling further improvements in efficiency and effectiveness to be delivered in the future.
• Coventry University - The Engineering and Computing Building
• Imperial West – Imperial College’s Campus in White City
• Loughborough University - new uses for a historic building
• Manchester Metropolitan University – delivering the strategy
• University of Strathclyde - Technology and Innovation Centre
• University of Sunderland - Sciences Complex Project.
The work stream was undertaken by the Association of University Directors of Estates (AUDE) working with Universities UK, supported by the British University Finance Directors Group (BUFDG) and the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE). Kilner Planning and London Economics carried out research for the project.
Download the Report, Executive Summary and Case Studies.
The number one resource
for sustainability in post-16 education