Education for Sustainable Development TSN Nov 2022: Strengthening and Supporting Approaches to ESD
This Education for Sustainable Development Topic Support Network, supported by Learning for Sustainability Scotland, took place on 21st November 2022 focussed on "Strengthening and Supporting Approaches to ESD in Universities and Colleges"
The event aimed to:
- Summarise macrolevel and policy support for ESD in the context of universities and the context of colleges - see presentations by Rehema White and Betsy King that summarise policy and statutory support for ESD in universities and colleges
- Showcase examples of institutional support - see presentation by Jon Buglass about Sustainable Edinburgh College and their initiatives
- Showcase examples of community support - see presentation by Louise Logan about the community-led support group "ESD, me and a cup of tea" at University of Strathclyde
- Stimulate reflection - See second presentation by Rehema White that prompts questions on contextualising and strengthening ESD in your practice
- Provide a summary of useful resources - See Resource overview prepared by EAUC for a summary of useful resources and organisations
The recording is aimed at teaching staff and senior leaders, however it may be of interest to anyone in the sector- staff and students. Minutes from the session, individual presentations and resources highlighted in the session can be downloaded from this page.