Health and Wellbeing Topic Support Network (8th June 2023)
The EAUC Scotland Health and Wellbeing Topic Support Network met virtually on the 8th June 2023 to discuss all things 'Money Matters' (financial wellbeing).
The agenda included:
- Welcome and introductions (Beth Brownlee, Head of Quality, Student Support & Learning Resources, West Lothian College) (00:00:00).
- Presentation 1: Improving University Mental Health: An overview of the current cultural implications of finance in Higher Education, and its effects on the wellbeing and mental health struggles of university staff and students (Dr Jane Morris FRCPsych, Vice Chair Royal College of Psychiatrists in Scotland; Hon Senior Lecturer University of Aberdeen; Hon Associate Newnham College, Cambridge) (00:03:46).
- Presentation 2: Financial wellbeing in the workplace: Advice and support for managers, educators, staff and students to take care of their financial wellbeing (Emma Mamo, Assistant Director of Workplace and Business Development at SAMH, the Scottish Association for Mental Health) (00:35:10).
- Comfort break (00:55:22).
- Panel discussion and Q+A (All speakers and co-conveners) (01:04:27).
- Breakout session (Lizzie Reather, Organisation Development specialist, Glasgow Caledonian University) (01:33:31).
- Summary, thanks and close (Lizzie Reather, Organisation Development specialist, Glasgow Caledonian University) (01:44:19).
Time stamps of the agenda items are indicated above. Please see the webinar recording below, or view it direct on YouTube.
Find links to the resources from past meetings of this network on the Health and Wellbeing Topic Support Network.