Public Bodies Climate Change Duties - Reporting Tools & Resources
A lot of support is available for universities and colleges to assist with completing the annual reports to comply with the Scottish Public Bodies Climate Change Duties. The reports are due annually on 30 November.
In October 2021 the Scottish Government published guidance on Public Sector Leadership on the Global Climate Emergency to support the new reporting requirements. You can find a Briefing Paper on how this impacts the FHE Sector here. Scottish Government have also published PBCCD guidance on nature-based carbon reduction projects (insetting and offsetting) and annual public bodies duties reporting.
EAUC has also developed and published the Standardised Carbon Emissions Framework (SCEF) alongside key partners. SCEF aligns with the latest Scottish Government guidance and supports the Scottish FHE sector with understanding data quality and confidence for each relevant emission source.
Please get in contact with the EAUC Scotland team via email@example.com if you have any resources to add to this page or are looking for more support.
EAUC and EAUC Scotland Resources & Tools
Sustainable Scotland Network
Resource Efficient Scotland
- Climate Change Assessment Tool (CCAT) here.
- To self-evaluate performance under the public sector duties of the Climate Change (Scotland) Act 2009, by assessing climate change credentials, identifying organisational strengths and weaknesses, driving continuous improvement regarding carbon management and focusing resources on key areas to improve sustainability, reduce emissions and costs
- Guidance for public sector organisations on carbon management plans here. Including:
- Carbon Footprint and Project Register Tool, one for small and one for large organisations, including a video guide of how to use the tool
- Self-Diagnosis Tool to help you review or develop a carbon management plan
- Carbon Management Plan Templates, with and without detailed wording for guidance
- Savings Finder Tool here.
- To help you assess and prove the business case for action by reducing energy, water, waste disposal and raw material / procurement costs
- Whole Life Costing Tool here.
- Designed for evaluating the whole life cost of new construction projects
- Training events and webinars here.
- A range of topics offered free around Scotland
- Climate Ready Public Sector webpage here
- Resources and case studies for public sector bodies
- Five Steps to managing your climate risk guidance for public bodies in Scotland here.
- Designed to support compliance with the Public Bodies Climate Change Duties
- Adapting to climate change introduction here.
- Introduction for Public Sector policy makers, resource managers and practitioners
- Adaptation Learning Exchange programme here.
- Supporting public bodies to overcome common adaptation planning challenges as part of a peer support group
Please get in touch with the EAUC Scotland Office if there is anything specific you need help with